Lækur hostel is located in a quiet area by the center of Reykjavík city. Only a few steps away from Laugardalur, the green river valley of the city.
For bookings please see:http://www.booking.com/hotel/is/laekur-guesthouse.en-gb.html
We have Nordic style rooms for families, couples and individuals as well as dorms for 4-6 persons. Bathrooms and kitchen are shared guest facilities. The rooms are furnished with free internet.
Our name Laekur refers to Lækur which is a small river or a stream in Icelandic. The Laugardalur area is the ancient geothermal hotspot of the city. A hidden geothermal stream runs under the street outside our house.
- Our own Nordic specialist cafe and bistro is on the ground floor
- Our own retro hairdresser is on the ground floor
- Our own art gallery is on the ground floor
- Next door are a 24/7 grocery shop, bakery, gourmet sausages, a farmers market and traditional icecream store
- 3 minutes walk to the biggest and most popular Icelandic public swimming pool
- 3 minutes walk to the several public bus stops and the flybus stops at the hostel
- 5 minutes walk to the ocean and a nice walking path by the shore, the national botanic garden, the country's largest fitness centre, cycling and running routes and traditional seafood restaurant
- 15 minutes walk to the sparkling Reykjavík night-life