LÆKUR HOSTEL & guesthouse
The family-owned Lækur hostel and guesthouse is located 2km away from the city centre. The location has a nice neighbourhood and friendly feel yet it is very central. Only a few steps away from Laugardalur, the green river valley of the city. The rooms are furnished with high speed free internet. Luggage storage and outdoor patio areas are available for guests.
In the guesthouse we have Nordic style rooms for families, couples and individuals. Bathrooms, kitchen, washing machine and a dryer are shared guest facilities. The beds have linen and towels are provided.
In the hostel we have dorms for 4-8 persons with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities. The hostel has lockers and there is a USB charger by each bed. The beds have linen provided and you can rent a towel in the cafe on the ground floor for 5 EUR. All the dorms are mixed with both genders. You can also book a whole room with 4-8 bunker beds.
Our partner Nordic speciality cafe, bistro and bar is on the ground floor where guests can check in and check out, with daily happy hours and regular events such as live music and craft markets.
- 3 minutes walk to the several public bus stops and the flybus stops at the hostel
- Next door are a 24/7 grocery shop, bakery, gourmet sausages, a farmers market and traditional icecream store
- 3 minutes walk to the biggest and most popular Icelandic public swimming pool and is an integral part of the local culture
- 5 minutes walk to the ocean and a nice walking path by the shore, the national botanic garden, the country's largest fitness centre, cycling and running routes and traditional seafood restaurant
- 15 minutes walk to the sparkling Reykjavík night-life
- Our own art gallery is on the ground floor within the cafe
- Bike rental is around the corner by the swimming pool
Our name Laekur refers to Lækur is pronounced as "Like...ur", and means a small river or a stream in Icelandic. The Laugardalur area is the ancient geothermal hotspot of the city. A hidden geothermal stream runs under the street outside our house. Our logo mirrors the unique windows on the building which is a part of the city heritage in terms of architecture and history.